søndag 5. oktober 2008

Tribal law kills those lost in space

Wednesday 24th of September

For almost 14 nights in road I have been sleeping outside on the roof of mu aunt`s house. What a glorious feeling, it cannot be described as even perfect. While discovering thousands of stars and a silent surrounding, I was every single night right before falling asleep, lost in space. One night it got cold, so I moved my “bed” inside. As little afraid as I am, I made it a challenge 5 days after, and tried to sleep outside again. Well, what a huge mistake. About midnight right outside my aunt`s garage some persons were shooting at each other. I have no idea why or who they were, but I can reassure you that I covered my head very safely under my blanket as though it was bullet proof. All the neighbors came out to check what was going on. Well, I was so sick this night. I had a flue for two days which got worse on me this same night as I was stupid enough to sleep outside. Finally, I do not know who was shooting or why, but I did moved my “bed” inside again. Do you believe me when I say that I really look forward to the night I can sleep outside again?

These kinds of shootings are not unusual phenomena here; it happens every now and then. For two weeks ago, there was a big shooting drama in the city center. The court is located in the city center in the heart of the bazaar (down town shopping area), and two persons were brought from jail to be trialed. When they got out of the police vehicle, their family was standing there with their guns ready to rescue them from imprisonment. One policeman, one of the prisoners and a lawyer died, and a whole bunch of people got arrested. Talk about taking matters into your own hands, and not trusting the law and court system to judge fair and equally for everyone and politically independently without any form of corruption. While this action scene was going on down town, a lot of peoples` lives were put in danger to get killed by the hands of those shooting. Happy to inform that the new court halls (which are under construction) are located outside the city center.

To end this session even more sadly, the fight between the peshmerges of KRG and the Baghdad soldiers are still ongoing. The central government has decided to put a new border control station right besides the one already existing there, the one under the peshmerges supervision.

C. the space walker

Ingen kommentarer: