søndag 5. oktober 2008

Healing service

Friday 26th of September

Every single time I am here I try to tell myself not to forget that it almost customary law that workers in service oriented business does not need to show the customer respect nor be willing to deliver any kind of service. Off course you find very kind and polite people in the bazaar, trying their very best to sell you what ever in their shops, but every now and then you will find an office worker who does not answer you politely, or the women in the shopping mall who does not even look at you while shopping in her boutique. Or the hair dresser who tells you that you are so spoiled while drags your hair out from its roots. You have to beg for mercy half an hour in beforehand; “please, please, please do not cut my hair short! I like it as it is. Please do not cut the length!” These were the words coming out of my mouth last Friday the 26th of September telling the hair dresser. We were recommended a hairdresser who moved his shop from Baghdad to Suleimany “Sami” in Sharchnar. Well, one of the female workers took a grab on my hair and did reinsure me that she would not cut it short, not more than two fingers (even demonstrating it with putting two fingers towards eachother). I bet she took six fingers. Well, I should have learned until now. The same thing happened last time too in 2005, but it was much worse than now. Immediately I was a bit upset and even the rest of the day, but before falling asleep this Friday night I found myself smiling widely from ear to ear. I was thinking that if the biggest problem in Kurdistan and Iraq was hair (remember it does actually grow out faster than we expect), then the solution is just a piece of cake. But it is not something that grows again; this country needs healing…

C. in search of alternative medicine.

Ingen kommentarer: