onsdag 10. september 2008

LATE UPDATE

Sunday 7th of September

Today we were picked up by the driver an hour later than expected. I woke up at 5am, and waited until 7am. The drive to Hewler took us about 3 hours (much more than normal time). After we left Suleimany we arrived a small quarter in the end of the city called Tasloja; here our car broke down. We were 4 girls sitting in the car, while the driver was trying to fix whatever was wrong with the car. Not one single person stopped to help us out; what has happened to this heartless city? Everyone was just staring at us. At the end a NPA car stopped. After a delay of 45 minutes, we continued the drive.

Almost half of the time I was sleeping. The others made fun of me. What is it with me and sleeping in vehicles? And trust me; it is very incredible that someone manages to sleep during a drive in the Kurdistan area. All of the streets and roads are full of bumps, holes, swings and big holes all of the sudden occurring in the mid of the road.

This first day, I have to admit, was boring. We are suppose to attend this course the rest of this weeks. I hope it gets better.

Sleepy C...
PS: Really sorry for a very late update!

Ingen kommentarer: