søndag 21. september 2008

Under Kurdish skies (september 19th)

What can one do when it’s the weekend here, and no work to go to?
Well, one can do what every other fun loving Kurd/Iraqi does; indulge yourself in absolute fun!
My aunt, a few cousins and I decided to go bowling at the famous Suleymani Bowling center.
C decided to join us along with her sweet cousin. When we arrived, we were starving and decided to eat at the outside restaurant. The smell of shishia (water pipe) had me hypnotized from the moment I sat down and I decided to order the apple flavored one right after I’d finished my interesting pizza.

The weather was so lovely and the sky so mesmerizing that I almost wanted to cry from happiness. Imagine being able to move back to your homeland, live in absolute safety and have every facility a rich country like this is supposed to offer its citizens. I hope that day is close by.

Back to the lovely nargila: We were ofcourse sitting in the family section of the restaurant because single men shouldn’t be sitting amongst girls. I couldn’t care less; I just wanted to have my tea and nargila in peace while watching some wonderful songs they were displaying on the big screen TV. As we enjoyed, three sophisticated ladies among many families, we noticed that some were shocked at our behavior. I suppose women here don’t smoke in public but I couldn’t care less now either! We ordered a new flavor of nargila, the mint taste and it was even lovelier. We stayed until it was too cold to sit there without a jacket and marched away a little dizzy but also a bit triumphant. We showed them that women can claim just as much space as men!
/H

Ingen kommentarer: