tirsdag 16. september 2008

On track?

Work ended on a good note. I think I am begining to be known as the joker in the office.
Today we had one of those typical Kurdish discussions about our own city and how superior it is to other cities. Regionalism is something to joke about, but I do enjoy to provoke smug Suleymanis.

I had my first meeting with the field officer of the Cultural Development desk.
Mr. Muwafaq as he is called, had a gathering with three trainers, one of them being me. Currently we are planning a workshop on gender and sexology. I was given the task of putting together a presentation about gender and the aspects of it which are constructed. I told Mr. M that my approches are academic and that I will include De Beauvoir and Kant, but this seemed to excite him more. The only really difficult task is now to translate ontology and feminism into Kurdish.
I will appreciate any help I can get.

I'm going out with the family for some night shopping. The stores are open past midnight so this is a normal ritual.
Give my love to the West.
/H

Ingen kommentarer: