tirsdag 2. september 2008

Hot



















I am writing to you live from Suly. It's the hottest it's been in years. According to locals last September they had to wear jackets, and it's about 40 C.
Every part of the tripe went smoothly. I was surprised that the flight to Kurdistan wasn't delayed. As I exited the plane I realised the excruciating heat when it met me like a slap in the face. I was happy!
The happiness slowly ended when they harassed me at the passport check. They confiscated my passport, doubting that it was real (!!) and started asking me questions about me to check if it coincides with the information inside the passport. I was horrified, angry and already sick of this state they call Kurdistan. Patience is virtue..

Tuesday we had a meeting with our local bosses, and I got to vent to her. Our meeting with the organization went smoothly, there are some wonderful people here and I can't wait to start working.
My first real working day is on Sunday (that's when the week starts here), and it's going to be in Arbil. Our local offices is in Ainkawa (for those of you who know Kurdistan know that Ainkawa rules!), and I am very excited to start my week there. I will smother you all in pictures.
The one I have so far is the view from my uncle's balcony.
Don't let the politicians fool you and tell you that Kurdistan is allright, it's not. It needs us.
Peace out
/H

1 kommentar:

A Lazy Bum sa...

"I was horrified, angry and already sick of this stated they call Kurdistan."...



You will not last very long with this attitude.

Best of luck regardless.